Sunday, September 8, 2013

Betrayal of Trust

When I saw you sitting there, unsuspectingly, how could I have known what was to happen? How could I have known that you were going to break my heart and make me question any future iota of trust I want to give, had to give? I gave myself to you fully, and in return, received nothing but lies and heartbreak. 

You have broken me. 

I was hungry. For comfort, for love, for just a little feel-good sensation, you know? I just wanted to make myself feel better. To fill myself with something to stop the emptiness.


And then I saw you there, nearly melting in the heat. My eyes widened at the sight of you, and I knew I had to have you.


So I approached you. I took the plunge and put myself out there. I thought you could fill a void for me, fill the emptiness inside me, but oh god, would I be wrong about that.


I took you with me into my bedroom. Pulled you onto my bed. Pushed back the sheets, and then bit into you, ravenously and senselessly. God, to taste you. So sweet, so delicious.


And then I realized your betrayal. What you had done to me.


You are an oatmeal raisin cookie who looks almost identical to a chocolate chip cookie. I wanted nothing but the sweet delicacy of chocolate, and yet you fooled me with your shriveled grapes.


Oatmeal raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues. I will never again trust a cookie so easily at face value alone.


;)

No comments:

Post a Comment